Free Consultation – Find Out Your Options in 5 Minutes!
Student Loan Consolidation
Student loan consolidation may be an option whether you are in student loan default or not. In fact, it may be the best option when you are in default. There are many benefits to student loan consolidation including but not limited to lowering your overall payments and combining your loans into one. In some cases student loan consolidation may be your only option to get out of default. It may even help you go back to school and allow you to take out new loans. There are many different types of consolidations available based upon your circumstances. Please read more below, fill out the form on our website or simply give us a call to discuss.
Reasons for Student Loan Consolidation
- You have too many payments for too many different companies.
- The current payment plan(s) you have is/are completely un-affordable.
- You don’t have many payment plan options to choose from.
- Get out of student loan default
- Extend the repayment period up to 30 years giving you a lower monthly payment.
- Pay them off as quickly as you would like without a penalty!
How to Qualify for Student Loan Consolidation
Loan Types Eligible for Consolidation
Most federal student loans are eligible for student loan consolidation while private student loans are not. If you are in student loan default then there are a few extra steps that need to be completed before you can consolidate. The following types of loans are eligible according to the student aid website:
- Direct Subsidized Loans
- Direct Unsubsidized Loans
- Subsidized Federal Stafford Loans
- Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loans
- Direct PLUS Loans
- PLUS loans from the Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) Program
- Supplemental Loans for Students (SLS)
- Federal Perkins Loans
- Federal Nursing Loans
- Health Education Assistance Loans
- Some Existing Consolidation Loans are Eligible